What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S21 - Race 2 - NOLA

That weather change was a real sucker punch. No rain in P & Q. Short rain during session transition. No rain at beginning of the race session, and then it begins outta nowhere...fun fact: there was no rain yesterday in Avondale, so yeah "real weather" at work...

In L11 i got T-boned after going wide in T4 and had repairs for 300sec...

In addition to that, two Code80s for whatever reason, and when three cars crash on S/F straight...nothing...just let everybody run through debris while avoiding stationary cars.

Yeap... This ended my race basically. Avoided one guy, but T-boned the other one. Why we didn't get a Code 80 for this I have no idea. The race was at it's worse at that point, the visibility was so low, but other then blue flags, nothing. I get that we have to practice code 80, but why not use it when actually needed as well?

Yeap... This ended my race basically. Avoided one guy, but T-boned the other one. Why we didn't get a Code 80 for this I have no idea. The race was at it's worse at that point, the visibility was so low, but other then blue flags, nothing. I get that we have to practice code 80, but why not use it when actually needed as well?

ok sorry I would just ignore this code 80 thing but this is just too ridiculous.
These cars literally crashed right in front of you (about 100m). No code 80 will ever save you from such a crash. Even finding the crash and calling the code 80 takes longer than you getting to the crash.

And then you went flat out into the crashing cars. You never even lifted.
And now you are sitting here complaining about the code 80.

For the record: The 3rd code 80 was called as a result of a crash I saw and a car trying to make it back to the pits. Calling a code 80 is not used like in real life to have debries removed from the track. The point is to give severely damanged cars a chance to make it back to the pits in a safe manner.

That means there is no point to call it for cars that have lost their engine because they will press ESC within seconds of the crash. So I would call a code 80 and while calling it I could already call a green flag.
In this crash we already had 3 code 80s and none of the damanged cars involved were behaving erratically enough to reason a code 80. That is why you never saw one.

ok sorry I would just ignore this code 80 thing but this is just too ridiculous.
These cars literally crashed right in front of you (about 100m). No code 80 will ever save you from such a crash. Even finding the crash and calling the code 80 takes longer than you getting to the crash.

And then you went flat out into the crashing cars. You never even lifted.
And now you are sitting here complaining about the code 80.

For the record: The 3rd code 80 was called as a result of a crash I saw and a car trying to make it back to the pits. Calling a code 80 is not used like in real life to have debries removed from the track. The point is to give severely damanged cars a chance to make it back to the pits in a safe manner.

That means there is no point to call it for cars that have lost their engine because they will press ESC within seconds of the crash. So I would call a code 80 and while calling it I could already call a green flag.
In this crash we already had 3 code 80s and none of the damanged cars involved were behaving erratically enough to reason a code 80. That is why you never saw one.
Okay, understood. Did not know the ideology behind code 80. Thought that it was a way of mimicking VSC in game. Will keep in mind for further racing. As for my crash. I saw one, car, the frame rates dropped suddenly (did not know rF2 is so GPU demanding in the rain, my first ever wet race). Got past one car, thought I was in the clear.

Dang it... Overtaking during the countdown... What a silly mistake...

At least the mistake was yours to make - imagine if you had been waiting for 3 seasons for a US friendly timezone season then manage 1.5 races of penalty free driving to then be rear ended by someone at full speed who won't slow down until code 80. I really feel for @Angus Tong as he was a passenger in the whole thing and just goes to show how much luck is involved in actually completing 2 academy races. I cant tell you how gutted the whole team are as Angus is the one got our team into Endurance racing. The only solace we can take is that he will get a license one day and hope for some announcemnt of dates for the next US friendly time zone season.

Congratulations to all who did get their licence @Kaashif Iftikhar for coming back a second time and nailing it

"Michael Jaggie speeding in the middle of the code 80 when leaving pits - Drive Through (if you had slowed down and given up the time gained there would have been no consequence) " Yeahh.. this was kinda bad... I felt lucky when I pitted and heard the code 80, thought to myself I came in at the right moment and felt lucky... in all excitement I went flat out exiting the pits and just when I hit around 130km/h or so I realized I didn't hear "GREEN".. so I started braking and got back to the pit limiter. Didn't know how much time I did actually won and how much I actually had to slow down, but good to know now :)

Had a decent good and steady race, the rain was fun but trickey sometimes.
Some GT1's pushed their way through a bit too aggressive and scratched some paint from time to time, but that's all part of the racing I guess.. As long as we all stay alive then it's all good in my opinion. At the end of the race I had a collision with 2 GT1's that were to aggressive and we spun out at the straight. Typical race incident imo and not needed to report as we all good resume our race and finish.

Thanks for hosting this season again Matej & Florian and to all participants who got their license; Congrats. For those who didn't get it; Hope you get it next time :)