What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S21 - Race 1 - Indy 2007

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel - CAR NUMBER = CHANNEL NUMBER) and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test (optional)
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server:
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

indy-start.jpg

Stewards review

Server 1

Orange Zone:
276 - Alexander Gasta tries to overtake Rogier de Klein but is not far enough beside him. He gives him a bump and turns him around - Drive Through to Alexander Gasta
291 - Luca Bortot divebombes Henry Drury. Luca can't keep his line and punts Henry into the wall. Drive Through to Luca Bortot

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN
-

Out
2906 - Miguel Oliveira
3406 - Miguel Oliveira

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
4370 Grigolon Mattia leaves his pit stall after a pit stop. He does not slot in behind the traffic in the fast lane. There is contact later. Grigolon Mattia should have backed off behind the traffic. Drive Through to Grigolon Mattia.

Penalties for code 80-violations
1st code 80 at 3364.2
Michal Blazek speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Roman Ivanov speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Quayde Claasens speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 4451.4
Valerio Nicoletta speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Arnaud Marcotte speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Roman Ivanov speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
Gianfranco Giglioli speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties
Alexander Gasta - Drive Through
Luca Bortot - Drive Through
Miguel Oliveira - 30 sec stop and hold
Grigolon Mattia - Drive Through
Michal Blazek - Drive Through
Roman Ivanov - 30 sec stop and hold
Quayde Claasens - Drive Through
Valerio Nicoletta - Drive Through
Arnaud Marcotte - Drive Through
Gianfranco Giglioli - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Tony and so far it looks like everyone is still in the game for tomorrow s race. Of course, if someone will be absent without telling us, he will miss next season for sure and because seasons are set to only two races, maybe even some more (we haven t discussed about it, but we will do it today).

You will get notified if you get filled in. Apparently we can expect 40 drivers tomorrow.

Every driver missing without notification will not be able to take part for the next 2 seasons though

im gonna have to sign out for this race. dont want to go into to much detail but my dog developed a serious heart condition over the week and the medication isnt working. im sorry.

As a warning to all the drivers racing tonight:
We only have 2 races this season. That means you have very very little margin for error. If you get too many penalties there is no time to right that mistake and you will not get license 4.
You have to know the rules, pit entry/exit lines and code 80s in particular!

No excuses, no exception, we are very strict especially now with the short season.

please take my name off the reserves list as no one has dropped out. It is 12am here and i am off to sleep

when briefing started, it was announced that it will be matej who will be calling code 80...code 80 was announced and was not able to hear as it was flo who called it. Was not able to set Flo's volume as he was not there when briefing ended

Last edited:
I spoke as clear as I could because I know that this can be an issue.

Matej definitely said the voice for the code 80 will probably change. Sadly I came home late and had technical difficulties with rf2 when I finally made it home.

As a result of this problem the maximum penalty I will give for a single code 80 incident for the first race will be a Drive Through.
With one DT everyone who finishes both races can still get a license.

There would have been solutions to this like:
- Turning up the teamspeak sound in the windows sound mixer. The only thing you hear is the race director anyways so you can temporarily increase teamspeak sound and you won't get distrubed unless it's important.
- Checking if I was there after quali because I was on teamspeak then.
- Pulling off to the side and changing the teamspeak sound after you realized you can't hear me.
- Pitting and changing the teamspeak sound after you relized you can't hear me
- Pulling your internet, change the teamspeak sound and rejoin

You never ever want to press ESC in any race in SRC unless you consciously made the decision to retire from the race.

Had a good consistant race today without any hickups on the game like last time. (replaced all internet related things in house...)

Qualified at P13 could not get the ideal lap so could have been better.
Race finished at P9 without too many errors and dificulties with other people. Good job on most of the slower class cars, who most of the time were very predictable.
Had some fun short but clean fights during the race, thanks for that.

And ofcourse Matej & Florian; thanks for hosting this session again. No problems with teamspeak or the server :)

See ya all next week at Nola, drive safe and have fun.

@Arnaud Marcotte dont use the Dutch version of the GT4 please, you are messing up the results (yes i´ve fixed it manually)
A driver named marco_profeti showed up and raced, this is kinda waste of time since rule number one in any series here is use your real name!

Results are posted.

@Jimmi Allison since SRC uses a custom version of both cars, wouldn't it make sense to remove the Dutch upgrade from the workshop item? That way this surely won't happen again.

Also, where can I find the results? No idea why but I'm really having a hard time figuring out where to find stuff in this forum software, probably because I'm used to different ones :confused: