What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S15 - Race 1 - Sebring

You have more than 80 minutes till race start. If you are late because some objective reasons, we allow to join later, so just go for it.

First of all, sorry for being a bit late. Had some traffic coming home from class. I think I possibly be 10 to 15 minutes late at the next races (At 20:05-20:10 aprox).
I had a nice race with some battles. I was expecting a top 10, but my G27 restarted at half race and four times last lap. I don't know what happened.

Satisfied with the first race, especially by getting clean code 80s this time :) I even thought of doing an early refuel during the first Code 80 but at the time calculated that it would not be enough fuel to end the race, so I decided to refuel later and just drove through the pitlane. Is there any penalty for driving through the pitlane without stopping, @Florian Koetz @Matej Lakota @David Antonaya @Jimmi Allison?

Nice distance battle with @Rick Hendrix during the first half - we both had our own spins at different times, I tried my best to catch you despite the bent steering but in some occasions I could barely control the car, so well deserved to you :thumbsup: (y) later on I lost a place during the pitstop to @Jesus Sanchez, but still very happy with the result.

Traffic was very smooth, at least to me, except a few GT-Rs that were doing some rallycross sometimes. Thank you guys for organizing yet another very enjoyable race!

Last edited:
Lets start with the offical part. I would like to say thank you to the admin and race control team, ( @Florian Koetz @Matej Lakota and the third one my mind is not capable of remembering the name ). I've been doing your job a while back for 3 years and I know how much effort you guys put into it and it is well worth it, great organisation.

Qualification started with an odd situation, I spun out @Luca Desi on the start/finish straight. I'm very sorry for this to happen, but in my defense I posted the pass how it looked from my point of view and there is enough space between the two cars all the time, but something obviously went wrong. Again, sorry Luca.

Quali P4, did not expect the grip level do drop so drasticly from practice.

Racepace was quite poor as I ruined both sets in the first 5 Laps, first stint by setting the wrong brake bias, second run by avoiding @Damian Palmares.
Had great fun racing behind @Stefan Kanitz pretty much the whole second stint, had to save fuel througout the whole stint tho as I miscalculated my fuel due to forgetting about the two Code 80 in the first stint. Thats why I was never able to really push him. Just to make it more interesting @Lennart Lippens joined the fun for the last few laps and I just managed to keep P4, going over the line with 0,1l of fuel, running out just after T1. *pew*

Lapping the Z370 and slower GTR went pretty well concidering we've been on the track together for the first time.

Looking forward seeing you guys next week. Till then!

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

Alot of fun guys and thanks admins for all the effort. I learned alot today with regards to pit strategy and tires. I didn't take tires on my last stop which was a total mistake and caused me a few spots. Lesson learned and time to get ready for next race. Also to the guy whose g27 messed up. I was confused what happened bc I was behind you then at the end I finished in front of you but never saw you for a Pass. Hopefully it won't happen to you anymore.

Are u gonna share the server replay? I need to see some incidents involving my Z and som crazy GT-R´s.

Otherwise,

Thanks for that SRCA champ for "beginners". The race was really well managed by the stewards.

Q: Not good enough, can't do my best, so many cars on track, funny and stressful at the same time. P5 in 370z´s class. Not bad at all.

R: Realy nice and clean start, all the guys managed well the GAP´s. My strategy was no tire change, so I stay call for a long race-distance. After 32 laps I made my pit, whith all whells in green! time to stress it after the box, go for all and ended in P2, 5 sec ahead the leader (really nice race man, u made it easy).

Some GT-R´s does not know what the 370z could do, sometimes overtaking was impossible, even if you saw the GT-R getting in, contact was inevitable. The Z are clumsy, and we can not react to sudden movements when being overloaded by the GT-R, we must try to have more calm and overtake more safely.

I have had 4 or 5 slight touches for this.

After all, clean race and enjoyable one.

Last edited:
Racepace was quite poor as I ruined both sets in the first 5 Laps, first stint by setting the wrong brake bias, second run by avoiding @Damian Palmares.

View attachment 4232 View attachment 4233 View attachment 4234

@Lukas Hausen Sorry man, tires and setup fell off after the first few laps...couldn't turn the car in at all. Didn't have time to prep and setup till this am, so my apologies. I tried to stay outa the way as best I could but didn't want to completely roll over.

I'll make sure to get it set up for next weeks race or if I'm havin issues, I'll put it off till next season...I wasn't planning on doing this till a friend said lets do this, a week or so ago and I only got rfactor 2 at that time.

Last edited:
My race weekend went from bad to worse. Practiced alot these last three days I was happy that i made alot of improvement conserning my laptime. But then when it came to the qualy I did a relativly clean lap en I was just passed left right and center by everone my car lost alot of power going from practice to race. Witch was very frustrating. Then I started at the back an for some weird reason I couldn't even keep up with the 370z even on pit speed. Even on code 80 people where albe to overtake while I was doing 80. So something is wrong on the calibration of my wheel or maybe anything to do with an internet connection. But I asked Rick Hendrix if I was lagging when he lapped me and he said I wasn't. So i'm still very confussed over what happend yesterday. I even tried several things during the race like chaging tire pressures or downforce but all didn't help. So I want to ask the admins if they might saw a problem.

Last edited:
Hi, that was some good fun!
A few points/questions:
- Qualy was quite difficult with mixed classes. It was impossible to time a lap with a large enough gap to the slower 370z's. P9 was not too bad.
- Started the race with tire-saving in mind, which turned out quite well, made a later stop than some others around me and had better tires/fuel in the end.
- It was the first time I raced online with multiple classes (big speed-difference). It was really interesting, you really have to thrust each other.
- Overtaking the 370z's went well almost every time. I had a few occasions where the 370z-driver followed the race-line on a winding full-throttle part (i.e. the section past the hairpin), and therefore went from right to left, where I expected him to stay on the right so I could pass easily without any hindrance to both. I then had to lift an make a switchback. I know the slower car an follow the raceline, but on some occasions it's safer for both to stay in the same lane, until the faster car has passed, well before the braking-zone. Can anyone comment on what is best in such situation?
- A different situation is when the faster car reaches the slower can prior to a section with multiple following corners (i.e. Sebring turn 2-3-4). Does the faster car has to wait till after turn 4 (beginning straight leading to the hairpin), or can he try and overtake between 2-4. If the faster car has to wait a few corners, it loses a lot of time, but on the other hand, if the faster car tries to overtake the slower car in this section, the slower car has to give space and therefore lose time. What is best in such situation?

Luuk, check your pedals, especially if you drive with G27, maybe they don t work well. Go to ingame Controller options and see behaviour when you press and release pedals. Maybe throttle doesn t go to full or brake is slightly pressed all the time.

Lennart, faster class driver can overtake where ever he wants if he can do it on the safe way without any danger to the slower one. Slower cars race their own race and they don t need to give space for faster class, so sometimes they have to wait behind.

(I removed one of my posts, because I explained different situation than I had to)

Luuk, check your pedals, especially if you drive with G27, maybe they don t work well. Go to ingame Controller options and see behaviour when you press and release pedals. Maybe throttle doesn t go to full or brake is slightly pressed all the time.

Lennart, faster class driver can overtake where ever he wants if he can do it on the safe way without any danger to the slower one. Slower cars race their own race and they don t need to give space for faster class, so sometimes they have to wait behind.

(I removed one of my posts, because I explained different situation than I had to)
I'm using a Thrustmaster TMX Pro. But the weird thing was while I was it practice all was fine. So I just thought of it that it could be all the other cars that it had to load cause the issue only showed up on busy sessions like qualy and race.

I could try and re-install the game and change my grafic settings but then I'd only know if everthing works again next race and I guess it's to late to change everthing than