What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S14 - Race 1 - Portimao

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30

Race schedule:
19:05 - Open practice
19:55 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his own channel) - and stay there
20:34 - Whisper test
20:35 - 20:50 - Qualifying
20:50 - 20:55 - 5 min break/warmup
20:56 - Final whisper test
20:57 - Start of formation lap (on pitlimiter - single file, no overlap)
21:00 - Green flag at the red line marked on the track map bellow

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

Server: The latest build
Flag rules:
Black only

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.
Orange Zone:
In effect through first full race lap

portimao-start.jpg

Stewards review

Orange Zone:

50 Daniel Monteiro overtakes Daniele Ciacciolo at the start of the formation lap. Drive Through to Daniel Monteiro
50 Nick Lawrence leaves pits when the lights were red. It's not 100% clear in the rules that drivers starting from the pit lane have to let everyone pass. That's why it's only a warning to Nick.

Pit entry and exit blend line violations
IN:
/

OUT
1300 - Sergio Mengual
2175 - Ryan Elliott
2314 - Ryan Elliott
2732 - Ryan Elliott
2872 - Ryan Elliott
3752 - Giulio Scrinzi

Reported incidents/observed by race control:
700 - Giulio Scrinzi laps Oliver Schlabs in the penultimate turn. He ignores Oliver on the inside though. This is overly aggressive. Lapped cars have to be treated with respect. Drive Through to Giulio Scrinzi
890 - Mark Weiler faces the wrong way on the race track. He does a 180 straight onto the racing line causing contact with another car. This rejoin was reckless and cannot be tolerated in any way. 60 sec stop and hold to Mark Weiler
1040 - Giulio Scrinzi tries to lap Mathias Christensen but comes from too far back and ends up spinning him. 30 sec stop and hold to Giulio Scrinzi
5500 - Sergio Mengual outbrakes himself into turn 5 and spins Mathias Christensen. 30 sec stop and hold to Sergio Mengual

Penalties for code 80-violations

1st code 80 at 300.2
- Ryley Wyans speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Oliver Schlabs speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Tiziano Brioni speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Ryan Elliott speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Nick Lawrence overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Thomas Andriamiharisoa overtaking during the countdown of the code 80 - Drive Through

2nd code 80 at 1640.2
- Sergio Mengual speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Ryley Wyans speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Daniel Monteiro speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through
- Ryan Elliott speeding at the beginning of the code 80 - Drive Through

Final summary of penalties

@Daniel Monteiro - 30 sec stop and hold
@Sergio Mengual - 60 sec stop and hold
@Ryan Elliott - 60 sec stop and hold + 60 sec stop and hold
@Giulio Scrinzi - 60 sec stop and hold + Drive Through
@Mark Weiler - 60 sec stop and hold
@Ryley Wyans - 30 sec stop and hold
@Oliver Schlabs - Drive Through
@Tiziano Brioni - Drive Through
@Nick Lawrence - Drive Through
@Thomas Andriamiharisoa - Drive Through

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, since i'm new in the SRCA i tried the Code 80 procedure for 2 complete laps, with a pitstop, and i have question (maybe a dumb question but i didn't find a specific answer in the rules):

what should i do in downhill? In the biggest downhill here in Portimao i can reach 86 kmh with the GTR, while the pit limiter is at 80.

first of all you should stay in 2nd gear and not change to 6th as some people do.
If you still start accelerating you should brake of course. However I will have that in mind when reviewing the code 80.
That doesn't mean that you can happily go 86 though. If I get the feeling that someone is abusing this downhill section they will get a penalty.

Was doing some laps and discovered this things:

it has happened just two times, i don't remember the settings used.

@Jimmi Allison , can you check it, please?

Next time when you notice any kind of bug(s), please tell us immediately so guys who know how to fix it will have enough time to do it.

Was doing some laps and discovered this things:

it has happened just two times, i don't remember the settings used.
First video is anti cut messures, that is put there by the track maker.
Second video is something else - can you please put in what corner this is, i have hardly done any laps here and cant pinpoint it.

I might not be able to attend as it is my birthday tomorrow and my family is having celebrations on the 1st because it is a holiday that day. It is during the day so i hope ill be able to make it but this message is just incase.

Regarding the Curb issue, i´ve now ran 20 times over the curb with no issues - is it random, or did you consider that you are running ride height a bit to low?
This is on a completly default set.

Hi, I wrote to Matej privately, he asked me to put it here...

Unfortunately, I've had some personal issues after signing up for VEC, and I don't think I will be able to commit enough time to participate for this season professionally. I'm sorry for this, and also sorry for taking up one of the forty slots...

Is it possible for you to replace me?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regarding the Curb issue, i´ve now ran 20 times over the curb with no issues - is it random, or did you consider that you are running ride height a bit to low?
This is on a completly default set.

I wasn't cutting at all, maybe it's a matter of height... I've seen that the server is running the "1108" because with the "1109" i can't join, should we wait or revert?

P.S.
I've exchanged the video locations, just swap them and all it's fine ;)

Low ride height or no, it should not happen, and if it's an anti-cut system, well is the worst and nosense anti cut system ever lol

Yes or no, high or low, should or could, LOL or ROFL ... we wanted the best for you and bring to SRCA another attractive new track to drive. We usually believe modders and developers they know what they are doing, but as I can see it was a mistake. If we will change the track 2 days before the race start, half of the grid will cry about this decision, now other half will do the same because track stays on calendar. We will probably change it for next season.

Hi,

I will not be able to race wednesday's race at Portimao because of some family obligation that got totally out of my mind.
See you next week !

Good evening, today does not let me enter the SRCA server, he tells me different version.
until yesterday I went traversely.
what should I do?