What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S3/R2 Croft Circuit

Thanks Enzo!

Now, does anyone have any kind of changeable weather experience in rf2? I just got into rf2 races, the one at Palm Beach was my first online race ever. The things I'd like to know is at what % of wetness is it better to have wet tyres and how much you would lose with dries

Will the weather also be scripted during the race or will it be based on realtime weather at the real life circuit?

if i miss the message for my drive through penalty can i just take it after 12 minutes or must i wait for the message?

also do i have to select/change anything from the pit options?

Jose, if you didn t understand Ed s message ;), rain is scripted and shower will start ... only Jimmi (who will pass this race) knows :).

Greg, if you will miss message, you will get black flag in 4th lap after warning message (I haven t missed it yet, but I beleve it is so) and you don t change anything in pit options, otherwise you will do only normal pitstop, penalty will remain.

Toni, you have to try it yourself. In our VEC team all three of us have slightly different opinion when to change tires from dry to inter/wet and vice versa, but the guy on the track always has the last word about it.

The things I'd like to know is at what % of wetness is it better to have wet tyres and how much you would lose with dries
Toni, you have to try it yourself. In our VEC team all three of us have slightly different opinion when to change tires from dry to inter/wet and vice versa, but the guy on the track always has the last word about it.
+1

Also, this is a competitive league so most people aren't willing to share things that can give them an advantage in races :) And it also varies between mods/cars how rain tyres work and when they work and how long etc.

I`m not able to race the next 2 races :( my pedals have broken and I have no money to buy new ones atm.

Sorry to hear that Julius, it is no problem. It does however mean you will not be able to get License 4 but feel free to sign up again when you have working pedals

+1

Also, this is a competitive league so most people aren't willing to share things that can give them an advantage in races :) And it also varies between mods/cars how rain tyres work and when they work and how long etc.

to be honest, this is not a competitive league for me
This is an academy
I helped almost everyone I saw on the server and I would do that again. Especially for an academy I think it is essential that more experienced drivers share their knowledge with others
And should they be faster than me, then I have to improve until I eventually beat them with the same knowledge.
Winning by holding back information always felt wrong to me

This is an academy
I helped almost everyone I saw on the server and I would do that again. Especially for an academy I think it is essential that more experienced drivers share their knowledge with others
And should they be faster than me, then I have to improve until I eventually beat them with the same knowledge.
Looking and thinking back what I wrote, I wasn't thinking in terms of winning by holding back information, nor was I trying to imply that. But when someone spends hours testing, for example, to get a better understanding of how wets and slicks work on a drying track and where the crossover point is, and someone else gets the same information just by asking - it's not exactly fair even if that puts the two of them on a more equal playing field.

Edit: And it really comes down to how you define "holding back information". If it's something anyone can find out by investing some time and effort, it's not "holding back information" imo.

Last edited:
This is an academy

Absolutely agree. It's quite pointless to have an "academy" (the definition of the word meaning 'a place to study or train') where people treat this as a competitive league. It's not -- it even says in the overview for getting your license that "your finishing position does not matter."

To that end, I feel the same way. I'll help people as much as I can to get through the academy with whatever limited knowledge I may have gathered in this new venture. If I ever, by their good graces, get invited to drive with a team of course the situation changes, of course that's to be considered a competitive league, but I refuse to believe that any good comes out of withholding information from what this established league deems 'academy' level drivers. This academy is a great concept but I would sincerely hope that people approach it with the correct mentality. Based on the high standard of driving we saw last week, there's a lot of potential in this roster of drivers.

Last edited:
Exactly, when we analyse all of you after every race and season as a whole and I determine who should be allocated to which license, to me the position means nothing. However, to watching VEC/VLMS teams that would obviously be higher on the list. Therefore this is where you guys need to think carefully before and whilst racing.

Good luck as we head to what looks to be a changeable Croft