What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

S3/R2 Croft Circuit

Matej Lakota

Reaction score
Race date: 18. January
Race Length: 90 Minutes
Simulated Race Time: 14:00 - 15:30
Weather forecast: Overcast with a good chance of rain

Race schedule:

Real name mandatory, otherwise you will get black flag in open practice before the race.
Driver has to change nickname after 1st warning, when admins notice he is not using real name, otherwise he will be excluded from SRCA league before the first race.

19:00 - Server reboot
19:05 - Open practice
20:25 - All cars must be on the server, all racers connected to TeamSpeak (everyone alone in his channel) - and stay there
20:55 – 21:20 - Qualifying
21:20 – 21:25 - 5 min break/warmup
21:27 - Start of formation lap - formation lap under pit limiter
21:30 - Green flag when you exit turn marked with number 10

Server: The latest build
Event on facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/rf2SRCA
Flag rules: Black only
Broadcast: TBA

Review the rules before joining the server for the race.

Orange Zone: In effect through first full lap

croft-r2.png

The track itself will warn and penalize of white line infractions, we suggest you learn the tracks boundries BEFORE the race. Rolling start, race starts after turn 11 as marked on track map.

Stewards review

Orange Zone: No incidents.

Reported incidents:
2837 - T. Crabb slows down on the racing line to get lapped, creating a dangerous situation in the process - Unpredictable driving - Drive through
2865 - T. Crabb goes off the track and rejoins onto the racing line while B. Golda and another car are already two-wide - No further action warranted.
2882 - D. Russell drives into B. Golda on a straight - Avoidable contact - Drive through

Pit entry and exit line cuts:
None.

Other penalties
None.

Final penalty summary

Thomas Crabb - Drive through
D. Russell - Drive through

For new drivers, penalties will be applied to you by the game, roughly 10 minutes in to the race session.

We only looked at the reported incidents (IRR's), please submit an IRR if you want to have an incident reviewed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if you guys managed to see the VEC race yesterday, Room 1 available here -
it was alittle stressful due to the rain so we look forward to be the ones spectating this time :)

Guys, I can see, until this morning the most laps at Croft has driven L1 driver, who will not even race on Wednesday evening. Be smart, drive on server, learn the track and weather conditions, otherwise you will suffer in the race.

Are there any special rules for going wide in the second part of "Jim Clark esses" or are we going by the anything-that-game-allows-is-okay rule?

Are there any special rules for going wide in the second part of "Jim Clark esses" or are we going by the anything-that-game-allows-is-okay rule?
The rules state to keep atleast 2 tires within the white lines. The game should penalize this, but we have live stewards checking for excessive cutting as well. Penalties during or after the race are to be expected.

Agree with you Martin and we are talking about this problem right now. We will see what we can do and let you know (I am not sure if anything will change for Croft race tbh) but those who are only signed and then never show in the race will suffer some sort of penalty, maybe they will not be able to sign up again for couple seasons or so. We have to prevent such unfair behavior in future and we will do it!

hello,

i have this penalty for cut pitbox income and pitboxexit

Reinhard Berger - 2x Drive through = 30 second stop and hold

this is read in palm beach post, but is this for this croft race?
if so, then i have to drive to my pitbox, make 30seconds stop and then i am ok again?
never did this before, so i have to watch the timer for myself, and when around 30sec. are over, then good.
or is there something in rf2 pitstop menü, that i can make this penalty?

i realy hope i can make this race, as i will not have a penalty in suzuka, as suzuka is a track which i like much more then the 1st 2 rounds.

servus

Just a heads up - I won't be able to make this race, bummer since I like this more than Suzuka ;)

hello,

i have this penalty for cut pitbox income and pitboxexit

Reinhard Berger - 2x Drive through = 30 second stop and hold

this is read in palm beach post, but is this for this croft race?
if so, then i have to drive to my pitbox, make 30seconds stop and then i am ok again?
never did this before, so i have to watch the timer for myself, and when around 30sec. are over, then good.
or is there something in rf2 pitstop menü, that i can make this penalty?

i realy hope i can make this race, as i will not have a penalty in suzuka, as suzuka is a track which i like much more then the 1st 2 rounds.

servus
The game will apply the penalty, you will get a message and then you will have 3 laps to come in. It's sort of like going too fast in the pitlane, when you get a penalty for that.

thanks for explain.

is the message in left/down of screen, where all other messages are, when you change FOV for example, or someone lost connection and so on...
is this random, when the message come, or do you SRC people make this already and then in a fix lap, the message come?
hope i see this message then.

about rain....i was in server and it was dry, must a be a little time in server and then the conditions change? or should i leave server if it is dry and then try it again for hope it is rain then....i will test any rain laps, totaly new rain is for me in rf2, i only be used rain (changeable) in GTR2, hope it will work in similar way.

servus

The rain seemed to start after I'd been on the server for about 25 mins... Did 71 laps in it, wetness maxed out at around 91%.
At 91% it's freaking wild out there!
Was alone on track though, I'm keen to see how that kind of rainfall would've been affected by more cars being on track. Sadly I'm working tonight, but hope I'll see more of you on the practice server tomorrow.
Also found that the dries start to work again at around 27% on-line wetness. -How'd they seem to fair for you guys?

is the message in left/down of screen, where all other messages are, when you change FOV for example, or someone lost connection and so on...
is this random, when the message come, or do you SRC people make this already and then in a fix lap, the message come?
Correct, where all messages show you will see text that you need to serve penalty in next 3 laps and it is not random, so everything will be fine, don t worry :).

You can test rain and wet track with full grid in single player to see how spray effects to visibility and so.

Hi SRCA - It appears that I've made a massive error and I can in fact not attend the 2nd and 3rd race of Season 3, and would therefore suggest I be removed from the remaining races, possibly opening up a position for someone in waiting (maybe)?
Sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and I thank you for the opportunity you've made possible. Hopefully I'll still be eligible for sign up again in the future, should my circumstances be better suited, and I wish all those involved in S3 (and beyond) the best of luck.

The rules state to keep atleast 2 tires within the white lines. The game should penalize this, but we have live stewards checking for excessive cutting as well. Penalties during or after the race are to be expected.

How many infrigments can we make before we get a penalty?