What's new
SimRacing.Club

Welcome to SimRacing.Club
We are an online racing league, and has years of experience using S397´s rFactor 2. We have several series - VEC which is the official rFactor 2 endurance championship. 6-24 hour races - its all about endurance.
VEC´s feeder series Virtual Le Mans Series and several special events - Plenty of racing. Register today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll just need to introduce yourself and then you can start off in our Academy series

• This is where you introduce yourself - please click here
    Read the first post please

SRCA Workshop Mod Problem

Ron Squire

Reaction score
Hello everyone

After signing up, thought I might go onto the server to test, sadly I've been told that I needed to reinstall the mod manually, me and someone else discussed this on Discord, told to go to the new workshop page which unfortunately is hidden for me or I don't have the correct permissions, can someone help me out please

Sign up for season 11 just started tonight, your profile needs to be updated before you can get access to the resources and server. Have a look at sign up threads from previous season: all drivers get notified of the car they will run each race. It will probably be done tomorrow.

In my case, I have access to the workshop on Steam and subscribed (respectively downloaded) to the mod but still have that error message like I miss something when trying to connect to the server. In ModMgr it shows that the mod, tracks, and cars are installed and ok.

Last edited:
After assigning car numbers today, everything works now just fine and I managed to get to the server OK.

Hello everyone

After signing up, thought I might go onto the server to test, sadly I've been told that I needed to reinstall the mod manually, me and someone else discussed this on Discord, told to go to the new workshop page which unfortunately is hidden for me or I don't have the correct permissions, can someone help me out please

Ron - this link may help Fix Missing Cars. I had some issues with errors with cars missing and got further confused when searching the web to try to figure out why.

I ended up kind of starting over to make sure I could understand what and why things were missing. Some of what is below may be unnecessary but I'm error free now.

Following some of the guidance from Shawn's post (linked above), I removed all my prior mods. Truth be told, I was confused which workshop subscribed items were for what so I ended up completely unsubscribing from everything in the Steam workshop. This was unnecessary as some of the subscribed items come with owning rF2, while doing so added some time, there was nothing remaining in ModMgr whatsoever.

Closing down both rFactor, then closing and reopening steam began the the first step of downloading the required base components, all the default cars that came with the rF2 purchase. Once they were done downloading, I opened rF2, these default items were then installed. There were something like 58 in total. It took a bit of time so I followed the suggestion Shawn in the link above, I went to "Grab a coffee, go harass the wife etc. whatever you can do to pass the time and depending on your internet speed. "

To make myself feel understand what just happened, I opened ModMgr and saw all the default installs back.

Next, I closed down rF2 and followed the SRCA Workshop link, suibscribing to the SRCA mod. Immediately Steam began downloading the mod then once downloading was done I opened rF2 and the mod components were installed. Once that was completed, I exited rF2 and refreshed ModMgr and it showed that the SRCA mod was installed and that a couple of items were being referenced or used by the SRCA mod. There was nothing missing and the exiting and opening rF2 again showed no errors at all.

Now, there may have been lots of unnecessary work in those steps but a nice clean and error-free install was the result. Hopefully that helps...hit me up here if you have any questions.